Tuesday

Episode Five is Alive!!!


 Get ready for the latest episode of TRFME featuring a block tribute to the Beastie Boys and their new BEBoys Square in downtown NYC; a new track from Julie Christmas which is off the hizzy, songs you forgot about, Fred Neil, John Williams and more! This episode was recorded on 9/11. 22 years after the towers tragically, came down and the country changed. The Pentagon was hit and a plane wound up crashed in a Pennsylvanian field. I was living in Brooklyn at the time and could see the towers from my corner. That morning, I overslept and when my friend woke me up with a phone call (I ignored calls all morning--I worked a late shift at Roosevelt Hospital as a Nursing Aide) and she asked if I knew what happened. I told her I had no clue and begged her to tell me. She said, "go to your corner"...The towers were gone. Smoke had replaced them. 

Recording this episode was very helpful for my mental health on 9/11. Music helps heal. Enjoy and don't forget to call and leave requests and/or comments: ‪(213) 839-9830‬



No comments: