Tuesday

Another Musical Explosion for Your Ears and Soul

 


Hey there, Flippers! For years, my family and I have been neighbors with Joe Matt, the genius behind the comic, Peepshow. Joe was never just your average comic creator. He's a true artist who knows how to capture the raw emotions of life, particularly his own. His work was at times self-deprecating, always humorous and always very real. You read his comics and you feel as though you know him! I'd always have conversations with him about old comic book artists, music, life back east (we're in Los Angeles), old westerns...you name it. Yesterday (Sunday 9/17), my lady and I were extremely shocked to find out he passed away. His housemate, in tears, told us the upsetting news and I instantly started crying.  

 

He was just such a nice, good man. He was always creating and in fact, was working with producers to translate his comic into an animated show. He wanted me to do the voice for one of the characters. "Can you do a Philly accent?" "Pass me a hoagie, Mike Schmidt", I replied trying my best. He laughed and said, "close enough". Joe was nominated for a Will Eisner Award for Peepshow. A great accomplishment to accompany his prolific career. He will be missed and I'm still grappling with the fact he passed away at 60, while meanwhile, Henry Kissinger is alive and well at 100. Makes no sense to me. Bless Joe Matt and his kindness. 

 


When anyone's going through a tough time, usually, playing and listening to favorite tunes helps in one's healing process. And it's always cosmic when those songs perfectly encapsulate our feelings. On the new episode, I really jump across multiple genres and amazing artists. I hope you enjoy the show and remember: new shows every T&T (Tuesday and Thursday).


No comments: